Tuesday, May 12, 2015

More potato chips

In theory, I collect one of a kind, hand painted custom and resin model horses. Nowadays, however, most of my hobby purchases consist of model scale saddle pads and miniature food.
My main food focus is what eBay vendors refer to as "fair food." 
I prefer the term "horse show food"...
because these items are tailor made for horse show scenes!
Of course, there are beverages as well--coffee for the hardworking trainer,
bottled water for the pony kids to drink between classes... 
and wine for the post show exhibitor party! 
The real Abbie was a huge fan of wine and cheese parties
 Some of my recent additions aren't actually food. I bought this set for the frying pan, not the egg. I think it will fit nicely atop one of my pack mules.
These cards could be used in a gymkhana set-up or as part of a poker ride. 
And then there's this basket... I really don't know what I'm going to do with it, but who could resist a perfect 1:9 scale grocery basket? 
Not me, that's for sure!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha! You should! I blame you for this particular addiction.

      Delete
  2. Yay for tiny things!! I love the little coffee cups. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Lauren introduced me to the world of tiny food, but you have totally encouraged this particular obsession.

      :)

      Delete
  4. Eeeeeee! All of it is so wonderful looking. I've been a miniatures nut for AGES, but I don't know where to find 1:9scale. I have lots of 1:12 but I don't collect Classics sze horses

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really not hard to find this stuff on eBay. I usually search for Re-ment which also nets me all the things listed as Re-ment size, i.e. 1:9 scale or thereabouts. You'd be amazed at how much there is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, Re-ment is 1:9 scale? I tried looking on ebay last night but most of it was standard 1:12.

      Delete
  6. Where did you get that grocery basket??

    ReplyDelete