Monday, April 20, 2015

Models in the Mountains

It's been nearly two years since I visited my parents. That is much too long, so next month I will spend five days in beautiful Southern California.
Photo by Corina Roberts
While I'm there, I'll also be attending Corina Roberts' Models in the Mountains event.
This three day weekend retreat will be held at the Chilao School in the Angeles National Forest. 
Chilao Campground, event participants are welcome to bring their tents!
Photo by Corina Roberts
Events include indoor and outdoor photo shoots, diorama building and two small, non-NAN qualifying shows. The Saturday show will be halter only, but on Sunday, I will be holding a ten class performance show and clinic.
Props for the dioramas. Photo by Corina Roberts.
Although education is the  primary goal, there will, of course, be prizes. We're still working out the details, but expect some CollectAs, a few small tack items and possibly jump risers by Ryan.
One of the CollectAs. Also an example of the photographic possibilities of this site.
Photo by Corina Roberts.
There will also be a silent auction for a limited edition model, generously donated by Breyer.
For more information about this event, please visit the Models in the Mountains website and Facebook page. I'm very excited to be a part of this and hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, would I love to be there! Here's hoping I can talk my friend Anna into going for me so I can live vicariously... I look forward to reading the blog posts in the aftermath! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to meet Anna! Tackmakers meet-ups are the best.

    :)

    ReplyDelete