Thursday, April 30, 2015

I re-made something

Remember how I said Karen's saddle had fought me tooth and nail during every step of its creation?
Well, it turns out that  the battle wasn't over. Overnight, the saddle's right skirt developed a crack just behind the nail head.
I tried to rub it out. I tried to tell myself it wasn't that big a deal. I tried to ignore it. That worked for a little while, but when I woke up this morning, I knew I was going to be replacing that skirt.
Making new skirts wasn't a big deal. Taking the entire saddle apart so that I could install those new skirts was positively painful. 
Ugh! 
Fortunately, the saddle went back together really easily. Here it is again, better than new. Plus, now it has a girth! 
Hopefully this will be the end of the drama with this particular saddle. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. I have recently been reading through your blog and am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the ones that fight like tigers that you remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you use for your saddle trees?

    ReplyDelete