Monday, January 14, 2013

Tiffilicious

Awhile back, my kids coined the term "Tiffilicious" to describe all things pink, leopard print and gaudy.  Tiffany found out about this, and instead of being offended, she embraced the word with open arms.  One thing led to another, and now there is a brand new over the top custom named Tiffilicious.
Naturally, I was expected to make Tiffilicious a show bridle.  I finished it today, and I think it turned out really well.
But you know... this might be the least Tiffilicious bridle Tiffany owns.  It's not pink or crystal laden and there's no leopard print in sight.  In fact, it's so un-Tiffilicious that even my kids would approve!

7 comments:

  1. What do you mean no bling?! It looks fine as is. There needs to be contrast, in tack as in life. Tiffany sure is lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, where is the bling? Couldn't there be pink rhinestones on the browband? Not meaning to give you a hard time, Jennifer..

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Tiffany told me that she needed a saddlebred bridle, my first response was "pink browband?" I was really, really surprised when she said to stick to the traditional red. I was all, "but that's not very Tiffilicious!"

    I didn't mention this in the post, but this was the first saddleseat type bridle I've made since the one that nearly broke me more in Fall 2011. I've been avoiding them ever since, but this one just came together so easily. I guess they can go back onto the regular production list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will match her red ribbons very nicely, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if a leopard browband would be appropriate in ASB circles? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at this bridle makes me really think less might be more in double bridles when working at model horse scales. The one you've made here looks lovely and sleek. I have two older double bridles, still very competitive, but they have all the bells and whistles- raised nosebands, buckles on both sides of the cavesson strap, buckles attaching the reins to the bit, keepers everywhere. Frankly, I think it's too much. The buckles get in each other's way near the horse's eyes, and the strap for the cavesson gets in the way of the other two and pushes them outward. Seeing yours has me thinking of making myself some replacements that are a little more conservative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think your tack is amazing!!!! No ones tack is better than yours:)

    ReplyDelete