Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Perseverance

Some days it seems like the tack almost makes itself.

Today was not one of those days.  

In fact, today it seemed as if the tack was refusing to be made.  First it was the buckles that did not want tongues.
Then it was the stirrups that did not want stirrup pads.
I thought about admitting defeat, but I am serious about eliminating my backlog.  Giving up is not an option.  I persevered, and after several long, somewhat painful hours, the saddles have stirrups, stirrup leathers and girths.
In a perfect world, they'd have pads, too, but all things considered, I'm feeling pretty good about my day's efforts.  The pads can wait until tomorrow.  Maybe then they'll even make themselves.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with those saddle pads - it's not like you can go to Dover and pick up them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get the tack to make itself let me know what worked for you. I have had many days where I have hoped the dolls would make themselves...no luck yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Now I know I'm not the only one who bends and breaks buckles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some days the buckles are going to break and the leather you're skiving is going to follow suit. It's all part of tackmaking. As long as the good days outnumber the bad, everything's golden.

    :)

    ReplyDelete