Friday, January 11, 2013

Stock Show weather

With the Stock Show comes Stock Show weather.  The forecast for this weekend is positively frigid, so I raced to the barn this morning in hopes of squeezing in one more ride before the temperature plunged.  

It was forty one degrees and sunny when I pulled Rev out of his pen.  By the time I was mounted, the sun had disappeared and the wind was blowing like crazy.  Carol had come with me to meet Rev and take pictures of the two of us.  However, the weather was deteriorating so rapidly we decided to call it quits after just one photo!
Carol and Rev.  You can't tell from this picture, but the snow already starting to fly.
Poor Rev. 
I think this is his OMG-I'm-freezing-can-I-please-have-my-jammies-back-now? face. 
I can't say I blame him, either.  We'd gone from sunshine to blizzard in forty five minutes flat...
Only in Colorado!
Fortunately, the day wasn't a total bust.  The time I didn't spend riding was put to good use in the studio.  
Stock Show weather might be bad for riding, but it's great for getting things done at home.  I predict this is going to be a very productive weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Yah, Flick's getting the weekend off most likely. The weather that's predicted is a bit cold for me and he's the one clipped! Just need to make sure he has *enough* jammies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! It's crazy that just yesterday here it was 80 degrees!
    That bridle is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rev really does have a cute face!

    ReplyDelete