Saturday, September 15, 2012

Frankenhorses

Thanks to everyone who commented favorably on my Smart Sonny Dee/Smart Chic Olena combo that was featured in yesterday's post.  Although he's not a part of my resin show string, Smart Design is a beloved member of the Braymere herd.  He's here to stay!
Another one of my creations from the same time period is Sophistique.  She was my entry in a drastic custom contest that was put together by a group on Model Horse Blab in 2005 or 2006.  Can you tell which two models I used to create her?
(Hint: the leftover parts and pieces were also featured in yesterday's post.)

8 comments:

  1. I'm guessing the Classic polo pony's decapitated head.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of the tail but Sophistique is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's the Hackney pony's body, correct?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the paint custom! Check out my blog? WhitebrookeEquineArt. You're an ispiration to me and it would make my day if you could check out my posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't love Sophie's tail, either, but I was going for the show hackney pony look so...

    For the record, she was made from a classic Black Stallion body and the Polo Pony head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Smart Design is AWESOME! Don't know why you aren't currently showing him, as he just looks so natural and elegant.

    Your little Hackney Hybrid is a cutie, too. (But poor Polo Pony, you know I think it's a sacrilege to carve up a grey...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did show Smart Design for a while, but he really isn't a halter horse. He's not terrible, but he's not top flight either. I have two nicer Paints so he stays home. Hopefully, someday I'll get back into photo showing. I think he could have a nice performance career in that realm.

    And yeah, I sort of hated chopping off the polo pony's head. I'd planned to use a classic Love TB head, but it wasn't quite big enough. I scanned my shelf, realized that the polo pony head would work and decapitated her before I could have second thoughts. Poor thing. I bet she never saw it coming...

    ReplyDelete