Saturday, September 29, 2012

Glyn Haven resins, part two

The first class of the resin Light Breed division at Glyn Haven's Autumn Horse Faire was Arabian stallions.  My two good bay boys claimed the top placings, with Khemotigre claiming the blue.
The Arabian Mare/Gelding class was won by Sherre's new Superlumina resin.  Although difficult to photograph, this is a spectacular piece.  Love, love, love the dynamic pose!
Although he couldn't compete with the flashy chestnut, my quiet little Jafar--the third good bay boy--still managed to earn a NAN card.
This lovely Jennifer Kistler Tsunami resin won the half Arabian class...
and the Light Breed Champion title went to Khemotigre with the Superlumina in Reserve.
Ponies were next.
Oreo won the Light Breed Pony class.
There were quite a few entries in the Heavy Breed pony class, including three of mine...
Heather,
Dagobert...
and Poka Tia.
The Other/Mixed Pony Breed class was won by Mabel, but I didn't manage to snap a picture of her with her winnings.  I think I was too busy admiring Sherre's Greylea Whisper!
Pony callbacks.
Again, I forgot to take a picture of poor Mabel who was named Champion of the resin pony division.  Heather was Reserve.
On to foals!
The Sport Foal class was a competitive group with my Gesche and no less than three Eberl Scampolos.
Despite that, it was little Wonderscope who claimed the top prize.  I sure am glad I fixed that ear!
Rajun Cajun won the Stock Foal class...
and Gimme S'more, Squee! and Ravenwoods Kibari place one-two-three in the Pony/Other Foal.  S'more and Squee went on to be named champion and reserve of the foal division.
Here's a look at one of the callback tables for the Overall Resin Halter Champions.  So many Braymere horses!
In the end, Octopurdy edged out Validator for the top prize.  Many thanks to Jane Schneider for holding this show and to Jennifer Scott for judging the Resin Halter classes!

10 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful show string! Lovely, lovely models! I am so glad to see Bangles and Oreo doing so well too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Purdy ponies!!
    I think ONE of my faves is Heather, is she a Ravel custom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Braymere said...
    Heather is an Eberl Halla resin. She's intended to be a Haflinger but mine is painted as a Highland Pony instead

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have been there, but still had a good day. I actually went to two animal shelters and didn't come home with a dog. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Braymere! I want to start showing my custom horses and tack but have no idea where to start! The big problem... I'm 12, so my parents are not going to go cross country for shows and I have school that ends at 2:30 (not including the time that I put into homework), and I live in Michigan! Which is pretty much Breyerless! Where should I start!

    Also, where do you get your little lanyard clips???

    Thanks! Devon♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Devon. I know there are some hobbyists in Michigan but my knowledge of Michigan is such that I have no idea if they'd be close to you or not. If you haven't already done so, you should search for a regional model horse group on Yahoo! groups or something similar. You never know what might turn up.

    Otherwise, you just might have to wait things out. I was in my late thirties before I attended a live show, and trust me, the wait was all about lack of opportunity not lack of interest!

    In any event, finding the lanyard clips should be a lot easier than finding a model horse show. I've bought them locally at Hobby Lobby and via mail order through Rio Rondo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the advice!

    DC♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on ALL the Braymere winnings - that was definitely your show of shows!

    Question: how come Poka Tia and Emma were exhibited lying down? I've seen them standing up before many times...

    Also, is that your Saddlebred foal who won second? TOO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the show tables was a bit wobbly, so I showed all my tippy models lying down. Emma and Poka Tia both stand ok, but neither is rock solid. Better safe than sorry!

    And yes, that little Saddlebred cutie is mine. She's New York Doll, a Bogucki Strawberry Jam resin painted by Susan Hurst.

    ReplyDelete