Sunday, December 19, 2010

My unhorsey weekend

It doesn't happen very often, but every now and then I have a completely unhorsey weekend.  By that I mean no real horses, no model horses, no time in the studio...  no nothing!

Of course, I have a really good explanation for this strange state of affairs.  I've spent the weekend hanging out with my family in Copper Mountain.

We hadn't planned on taking a ski vacation this year, but who could say no to the offer of a free condo right at the bottom of the slopes?  Not us, that's for sure!
We've had a really fun weekend...
but this morning I got a bit homesick for my dogs and horses.  The boys and I went out walking around the village in search of dogs to pet and horse shaped objects to admire.
It would have been a lot easier if we'd been hunting moose.  Those were everywhere!
Eventually, however, we found these...
and these.
We also found these at the Mountain Market, but I don't think they count!
We'll be heading back down the mountain shortly so my unhorsey weekend is rapidly coming to an end.  It's been a lot of fun, but I don't think I'm going to make a habit of it!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get away for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's nice to do something non-horsey. That way when you come back to it you are recharged and ready to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Copper's a nice place to be though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we're home again! Copper Mountain was a lot of fun but that drive home was NOT! They were metering traffic at the tunnel so it was more stop than go and snowing so hard that the cars were getting covered up during the stop phases. Yeah, it's good to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys do the most fun things. Your boys are really lucky to have you for a mom and to be growing up in a place most people only get to vacation to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like fun! It is nice to sometimes not have to worry or think about anything horse related.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete