Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Is it Friday yet?

It's no secret that this has been a difficult summer for the Buxton family. In addition to losing Abbie, we also experienced an unexpected layoff. Lack of income necessitated a drastic reduction of our usual summertime activities. We cancelled our vacation and skipped outings to the local zoo, museums and theme parks. It's been a long, hot, stressful, sad summer and not one I will remember fondly.

Fortunately, things are looking up. Seth started a new job Monday, and life is finally getting back to normal. For the first time in a long time, I've stopped worrying and started feeling optimistic about the days ahead.

I am especially looking forward to this upcoming weekend. My good friend and model horse artist extraordinaire, Tiffany Purdy, is flying into Denver on Friday. Officially she is coming to judge the Redline Revival Performance show which will be held this Saturday in Boulder. I love a live show as much as anyone, but this time around I barely care about the competition. Mostly I'm looking forward to hanging out with Tiffany and the Colorado gang. I just know it's going to be a wonderful, happy, uncomplicated weekend full of friends, fun and plastic ponies. Who could ask for anything more?

Since every post needs a picture, here's a look at the upper level dressage set that I just finished for Sheila Anderson Bishop.
I am so glad to have this done. Now maybe, just maybe, I might find the time to make a few small things for my own showstring!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to Seth on the new job! And have a great visit with friends this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous set Jennifer. I'm glad things are looking up here and there. You will have so much fun with Tiffany! She judged a show down here in the spring and she'a hoot. Tell her hi for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila's going to love that set! (If she doesn't, you can always look me up! lol)

    Sounds like you've got a fun weekend planned. Will you be taking show pictures again? I always love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely as usual Jennifer! See ya Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I'm sorry, making stuff for yourself is not permitted.

    LOL!
    Lorrie Franz

    ReplyDelete