Monday, August 23, 2010

Quiet

This morning the kids got up, had breakfast, put on their new clothes and their new backpacks and headed out.Oh, the house is so quiet with just Maggie and me inside it!
Fortunately, I had a plan for dealing with all that quiet. This is "Small Orders Week" at Braymere Custom Saddlery, and here's what I made today--a flag carrier, three curb straps and a raised standing martingale.
I still have several pairs of boots, a handful of girths and a bridle on my worklist, but they are going to have to wait. The kids should be home any minute now, and I'm eager to hear all about their first day of school!

5 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the quiet house. I have another week before my house is that way ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pedaling off to school picture! They look so cute and responsible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that picture, too. Sometimes I still can't believe how big they are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How on earth did you find something to use for the rubber bumper on the martingale? Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh....enjoy the quiet! We need to go back to the track some day...

    ReplyDelete