Sunday, August 8, 2010

Friday's doubleheader

What do dressage horses...
and cowhorses have in common?
They're both showing at the Colorado Horse Park in Parker, Colorado this weekend!

A combination like that is hard to resist especially when a friend is among the competitors. Former model horse hobbyist Andrea Caudill made the drive from Amarillo, Texas to show her horse Matt in the First Level-Amateur division. Teresa and I made sure we were ringside as they performed a winning round in the First Level, Test Three class.
While Andrea and Matt rested between classes, Teresa and I wandered over to the main dressage ring where we watched a more advanced group of horses.
Holy moley, giant tempi changes! This picture reminds me of the Kathleen Moody Serenade resin!
Once we'd had our fill of top hats and tails, we headed over to the Cowhorse arena.
Neither Teresa or I claim a whole lot of Reined Cowhorse knowledge, so this was a real treat. I took lots and lots of pictures, but missed getting a shot of the cow jumping over the arena fence. Darn!
We hiked back up the hill in time to watch Andrea and Matt compete in their second class. This test was every bit as nice as the first.
What a great way to start the weekend!

(This was supposed to be Friday's post. Better late than never, right?)

4 comments:

  1. Ooh ooh post cowhorse pictures! That's what I'm working on now.

    You always take such lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe, now I know I could almost show my Serenade in dessage... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allie, I'll see if I can throw together a cowhorse post but don't expect too much. I don't know a lot about this particular discipline and we only got to see the cutting portion anyway.

    Laura, it would be *so* easy to create a really slick and totally misleading information card for a dressage entry using Serenade. Actually, that's the biggest issue I have with the trend towards overdocumenting performance entries. I think that judges who rely too heavily on reference material supplied by the shower can be easily misled. That's probably a topic for another post, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, Matt got a 65% in his freestyle and won a leather halter for Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete