Thursday, July 15, 2010

My MEPSA Tackmaking Contest Entry

Here's a peek at my entry for the non-saddle division of the MEPSA Tackmaking Contest .It's a Western gaming bridle with just a little bit of bling. I tried out a couple new ideas while making this bridle and they all worked. I love it when that happens! This bridle will be sold at auction and the proceeds will benefit MEPSA.
The model is a Stacy Tumlinson Gizelle resin which was customized for me by my friend Tiffany Purdy. I think it might be cheating to display contest tack on a model this pretty, but I couldn't resist. I just love my Purdy horses!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That is amazing! It worked is an understatement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, horse AND tack!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the browband. Is it mohair? I had to pull a really long mane the other day and was contemplating things I could make from real horse hair, but I think it's too coarse to be in scale.

    That model really is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why you NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to make her tack and show her. Seriously.

    Oh, and of course, the bridle is *lovely*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa--She's out because I was making her tack for the August 14 show. Now however, it looks like Tiffany will be judging so poor Gizette will have to stay home. Not that I'm complaining. SO excited to have Tiffany coming to Colorado!!!!!!

    Allie--Yep, the tassell is made of mohair. First time I've ever done that, and for the life of me, I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love doing mohair tassles on tack, isn't it FUN!? This post reminds me that I should do another batch of them today, I'm out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw that you won the MEPSA tack making contest for the Non-saddle division with this tack peice!! Amazing!! hwen i saw your studio name, your name, and the photos of the tack I was like "Oh my, Good for her!! Yay!!" Congrats!

    ReplyDelete