Monday, July 5, 2010

Barn kitties

Every barn needs a kitty.

My friend Fran's two good barn kitties were taken by coyotes earlier this year. She didn't replace them right away, but cat people never stay catless for long. Eventually one of Fran's friends found a stray cat and brought it to the barn.

Three weeks ago the new kitty gave birth to six even newer kitties.
The kids, Cara and I met them for the first time today.
Oh, there is nothing cuter than a puddle of kittens!
At three weeks old the kittens' eyes are open and they are just beginning to walk and play.
I don't know how anyone could choose a favorite...
but both Ryan and James were partial to this little grey tuxedo kitty.
"Can we have it, Mama? Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?"

5 comments:

  1. They are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh...how can one say no to a baby kitty!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told Cara we could trade " an old for a new".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa--they are adorable. You should definitely get one! Cara should get one, too. Jennifer should not. :)zz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm "not allowed" a kitty until I get a real job. Yes, my husband is bribing me.

    But, he likes the same one the boys do.

    ReplyDelete