Monday, December 1, 2008

Doing the Happy Dance

That's me this morning.

As a stay at home mom, I've learned to appreciate Mondays. After the activity and chaos of the weekend--especially a long holiday weekend--it's a relief to send the kids to school and see my husband off to work. I love my family, but I'm the sort of person who needs some alone time. 'Round about Monday morning, I'm more than ready for a quiet day at home, just me and my dogs.

Today could have been a huge disappointment. My husband is working from home and James' school day lasted a mere hour before he was sent home with a possible case of pink eye. He has a doctor's appointment scheduled for later this afternoon, but in the meantime, he's sitting on the couch happily watching tv and talking and talking and talking...

This is not the quiet, productive Monday I'd planned.

And yet, I'm doing the happy dance because I did win that Jasmine resin! I found the congratulatory email in my inbox this morning. It was entitled "Jasmine!" but I still didn't believe it right away. I opened it tentatively, half expecting a thanks for your participation message. But no, I really, truly won her! I'm am excited and happy and I don't care that my Monday is not a quiet one. Sometimes loud, busy Mondays are just as good!

Because I used up all my good Jasmine pictures yesterday, here's a look at the other mule in my resin collection. Balthazar is a real oldie. Linda Lima sculpted him sometime in the late '80s or early 90's, and I've owned him since 1998. Suzanne Feld gave him a new paint job a few years ago, and he's been a solid showman ever since with multiple NAN cards in both halter and performance. This picture was taken at the Redline Revival Performance Edition show in April 2008. I made the tack and props. The doll is an unmodified "Hunter Dan" I bought at a local outdoor shop.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on your win. :>( I didn't win.. lol.. no really.. I also put some suggestions in too but I don't think they were very good.. lol but congrats on the mule win! how cool! I bet you were so excited! Im glad a really nice giving person won it!
    Rebecca Turner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations!! I have a Jasmine and just love her :)

    ReplyDelete