Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dagmar's polo pony

I don't get many orders for classic sized tack which is unfortunate as I really enjoy working in that scale. It's small enough that there is a marked time saving on the really tedious cutting and prep stages, but it's not so small that I have to sacrifice any of my usual detail. This is a picture of a classic scale saddle I made in 2007 for Dagmar Anderson. Dagmar is a talented painter and sculptor (http://www.dagmarhorseart.com/) and she's also a fine tackmaker in her own right. Look at the bridle, martingale, breastplate and draw reins--those are her work, not mine. She also took the photograph!

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool!! I want to do a setup like that!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's really really cool. Some of the tack sets you have posted *almost* make me want to dip my toes into the murky waters of "Other Performance", hehe!

    I've spent so long as a budget collector, I never let myself buy any tack that couldn't be used for a whole division - IE all-purpose western and english sets. Maximum bang for my buck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Erin, you are such a good tack maker--you could totally make Other Performance stuff for yourself!

    (This coming from someone who *still* hasn't managed to make a regular traditional sized saddle for herself...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like your blog post because you always comes with different ideas and information. I always shared your site post with my friends. Keep posting and i will follow you.
    hoodies

    ReplyDelete