Sunday, September 3, 2017

Side of the road

When I accepted my current job, I was warned that I would be working a lot of hours in August and September. I was secretly hoping that was an exaggeration, but if anything, it was an understatement. I have put in a lot of overtime hours in the last two weeks.

Fortunately, I like the work, I like my co-workers and I especially like earning a overtime-enhanced paycheck. 

The only thing I don't like, really, is the lack of personal time. There just aren't enough hours in the day right now. All my hobbies have had to take a back seat to work, family and sleep.

Still, no matter how busy I am, there's always time to brake for horses
I passed this pair on the road to Laramie, Wyoming last week. 
It was a work trip, and I was in a hurry to get where I was going. I almost didn't stop, but then I realized that what I needed in that moment, more than anything else, was to stand on the side of the road and look at horses. 
My life is really busy right now, and I don't have time to do all the things I love. That's okay. September is a short month. The horses will wait for me.

1 comment: