Monday, July 31, 2017

Breyerfest Friday

Friday is BreyerFest Live day. 
Both my roommates were showing, so we got up at the crack of dawn and headed over to the show hall.
I spent a couple hours taking pictures of the Collector's Classes...
 and both...
performance rings. 
Then I drove Tiffany's car back to the hotel, where I showered and updated my blog.
Once that was done, I headed back to the Horse Park. The line to get in was really,
really, 
really, 
really long! 
I made a beeline for the covered arena...
and did a little window shopping.
There were lots of things to see and buy, but I found the noise and the crowds overwhelming.
So I walked to the Claiborne arena, where I watched the jumping phase of a three day event.
From there, I went to the Breed Barn... 
and after that, the Hall of Champions.
I checked in with my old friend, John Henry.
Miss you, big guy!
Then it was back to the Open Show. 
I spent the rest of the day with old...
and new friends...
and...
taking... 
 approximately... 
half...
a...
million... 
photos! 
Kidding/not kidding. 
The show ended with two of my besties winning the Custom Performance Overall Champion and Reserve Champion titles. Woo hoo!
Congratulations, Erin and Tiffany. You are both The Best!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for half a million photos! Seriously, though, how many did you take? Haha, I'm curious. I think my record so far is 900-something at an afternoon event (the first horse pull we saw here). All hail the digital camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the actual photo count because it ended up being spread over two memory cards. It's definitely multiple thousands. I'll never get through all the editing!

      Delete
  2. It was so good to see you there!
    Glad you like my parade saddle. It's a SB-Y. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost 400 is what I ended up with. I got most, but not all of the performance photos. Was exhausted by the time English was finished! OMG the entries were awesome!

    ReplyDelete