Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pictures from today's ride

Today I went on a trail ride with my friend, Mary Jo.
My mount was Santana, who I rode last spring for the Living with Coyote documentary.
After eight months on Mystyc, it was a relief to head down the driveway on this big, willing, uncomplicated horse.
For the first time in a long time, I was able to relax and enjoy the scenery.
Santana didn't get flustered when we ran into Diana and Guaranteed...
or nervous when they passed us and headed home. 
He crossed the stream multiple times without balking... 
and stood quietly... 
while I took pictures... 
of wildlife.
He wasn't bothered by bicycles...
and didn't get bronc-y or jiggy on the way home.
This was such a fun and relaxing ride... 
even the squirrels... 
wanted to join in... 
and follow along! 
I feel so fortunate to be entrusted with this lovely gelding... 
and I look forward to riding him down the road again and again!

5 comments:

  1. What great photos, as usual. Santana is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos (love the bunny and squirrel lol) - and what a handsome boy! that nose might just be the cutest. glad you had such an enjoyable ride - that's really what it should be all about, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mystyc had her good points, but honestly, she wasn't a whole lot of fun. Eventually, I'll probably want something more challenging, but for now, I'm really happy riding something fun and easy.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you had time to just relax on a horse instead of riding Mystyc. Santana is a beautiful boy. You are lucky!!
    ~CBL

    P.S. Are you going to eventually lease Santana?

    ReplyDelete
  5. D'awww, he sounds like a great ride!
    I LOVE the squirrel pics!

    ReplyDelete