Thursday, September 11, 2014

Circling back

There's a live show in Colorado Springs this weekend.  For various reasons, most of them financial, I will not be in attendance.  This is disappointing because I do like live shows.  Fortunately, I've found something to distract me...

After years of talking about it, I'm finally circling back to photo showing.
The last time I took outdoor show pictures, I was still using a film camera.  It feels both strange and familiar to sit in the grass and shoot photos of my models.
Fortunately, I seem to remember how to do it!  
Today, I focused on some of the smaller and fuzzier members of my herd.  Tomorrow, I'll use a different fence and maybe try a few performance pictures. 
Watch out, MEPSA!  I think I'm back.

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I've been meaning get into photo showing as well. Maybe you'll inspire me to finally get some show-worthy photos taken :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Your photos look amazing! I keep meaning to get back into MEPSA. Hopefully this winter when I'm not so busy with live shows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's any extra incentive, this year's MEPSA Championship Show had separate mini divisions for halter AND performance. You (and Janna!) should both get back into photo showing!

      Delete
  3. Very exciting! Kinda makes me want to start collecting again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo! You are BACK! Oh boy, now I am going to have to compete against you in MEPSA Open. Oh boy......
    ~CBL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OF Plastic Halter is my least favorite division, so we probably won't butt heads too much. And when we do? Yeah, you'll probably beat me!

      :D

      Delete
    2. So not true! Your photo's are so much better than mine!
      ....I am glad you don't do plastic halter....:D I wouldn't get a horse to the championships!
      ~CBL

      Delete
  5. Great news Jennifer! I can't wait to see your new photos in some MEPSA shows (and the champ show). There was a mini division this year and last year as well but nothing has been fully decided for this coming season yet. I will make sure to bring it up with the BOD, I like the separate mini division as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that Shetland is gorgeous!
    I keep meaning to get all my lot photographed so I can get back into showing but somehow it never really happens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great pics. I am thinking of trying photo showing for the first time, any major tips or things I should know ?
    -Ava

    ReplyDelete