Thursday, October 21, 2010

Puppy!

After the bad experience with the crazy rescue lady, I kind of gave up on the puppy search.  I figured that sooner or later the right dog would find me, and I was ok with waiting until that happened.

The men in my family are a lot less patient.  Seth and the boys have been after me to renew the search, and yesterday I was persuaded to go to a couple shelters "just to look."  I'm sure you can all guess how that worked out!
So here are the first pictures of the newest Buxton.  She's four months old and eighteen pounds.  The shelter had her listed as a collie mix, but I think I see some Australian Shepherd in there, too.  
She's a smart, friendly girl with lots of energy.  She also appears to have a sense of humor--I'm pretty sure she's laughing at all of Seth's crazy faces in this next picture!
Her shelter name is Skyler, but none of us are attached to that.  I'm leaning towards Darcy, Seth likes Annie, and the boys are wavering back and forth between another half a dozen possibilities.  It would be nice to have a name selected before we pick her up tonight, but I have a feeling it may take us a while.  That's ok.  Now that we have the puppy, everyone's feeling a lot more patient!

11 comments:

  1. She's darling! I'm so glad you found her! Darcy sounds good to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Oh definitely Aussie in that wiggle bum :) Cutie for sure.
    Just remember any new name will take some getting used to for her, but she's young enough it should stick. With Aerie, since she was already 19 months and answered to the name Ariel, we had to keep the name close. So, since we're outdoorsy people and aerie means "eagles nest", we kept that. Now if only American Eagle hadn't named a lingerie shop by the same exact thing, hehehe. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found a puppy! She looks adorable. I like the name Skyler and Darcy, myself (not that I have a say in it, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the second picture. What a cutie! I think Darcy would be a good name for her :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! It always takes us several days to figure out new names, after all, you're going to be calling it for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, she so cute! No tail! I love that.
    We went to the shelter looking yesterday too. Found two pups that are sticking in my mind, but judging by the size of their feet they are going to get much bigger than we can have. Glad your new pup found you so easily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is adorable - what a people person - I mean, dog - she is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how her ears bend over at the top-- so cute! And the look in her eyes. She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. whoohoo! Good choice there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Annie too. Since your middle name is Anne and she's your new baby, it fits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Squueeee, what a cutie!! Yup. Aussie in the mix, look at that natural bob! I have had two with natural bobs, one still alive, from a shelter and his name too was Skylar :P. I can't see yelling that Get him Skylar when putting him on the cattle. So we name him Ty. That gives us a pair of Aussies, Tex and Ty.

    Have fun with her!!

    ReplyDelete