Saturday, October 9, 2010

My day today

Today started out as a really good day.  My friend Teresa and I drove out to the Colorado Horse Park in Parker, Colorado and spent several enjoyable hours watching the cross country phase of the National Horse Trials.
Everything was going swimmingly...
and then...
Oh crap, who put that ditch there?!
Ok, it wasn't actually a ditch that derailed my good day.  
It was my camera.  One minute it was working just fine and the next moment it wasn't working at all.
I've ruled out all the obvious causes.  It's not the lens, the memory card or the battery.  I reset the menu options back to the defaults.  I am out of ideas.
Eventually I'll dig up the manual and see if the troubleshooting guide has any answers.
In the meantime, I think I'm going to lay on the ground and pout.

(Just kidding--sort of!)

7 comments:

  1. Seriously your camera isn't working? No more wonderful pictures? That's a huge bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, the camera is DEAD. I am hoping it's an easy fix, but if it isn't... Well, it might be a while before I can afford to have it fixed. Unfortunately. I do have a ton of real horse pictures I've never posted plus an entire Tack Tip all ready to go, but other than that... It could be very slow around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some issues with my old camera a few years ago after I went to a show in winter, when it was very cold. I didn't notice anything odd until a bit later, when some of the buttons stopped working. I could turn the camera on, but not off. I could still take photos, but not adjust the settings. I called the company that made it and described the issues and they told me it was a problem with the camera's hard drive. I ended up buying a new camera, but I still blame that cold weather for that episode. I might have left it in the car overnight when it was below zero, but I can't remember.

    Anyway, hope you can get yours fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming out with me :) We caught some *great* stuff too! I'll be crossin' fingers for the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. horseyK, I do not find that story very reassuring! The sad fact of the matter again is that my husband was recently laid off AGAIN and if I can't fix the camera on the cheap, I won't be owning a camera for a while...

    Teresa, it was fun and I did get pictures of some of the good stuff, too. Still editing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh noes! What kind of camera is it? :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a Nikon D50. I've been really happy with it up until this point, so I would rather fix than replace. Hopefully that will be the most cost effective solution, too.

    ReplyDelete