Thursday, February 7, 2013

Not photo theft

There seems to be some confusion so I want to make something perfectly clear: this is not photo theft.
Entry and photo by Marissa Helling
Neither is this...
Entry by Ayla Robinson
or this!
Entry and photo by Anne Field
Truth be told, I love seeing my photos on the show table.  Model horse showers are always welcome to use my pictures for their live show documentation.  No photo credits are required, but I'd love to see a photo of your entry!
On a related note, I have no issues with sculptors and finishwork artists using my pictures for reference.  No specific permission is required, but if you let me know what you're up to, I might be able to provide you with additional photos.  And, of course, I'll love you forever if you share photos of the finished model!
Photo and finishwork by Jaime Baker
Please do ask if you would like to publish my pictures on your blog, website or print publication.  I'll almost certainly say yes, but I will want you to include a photo credit and blog link.  That's not too much to ask, right?

4 comments:

  1. No, its not too much to ask. As a new customizer/painter, I appreciate all the photos you have for us to look at. I have learned so much from reading your blog and looking at those pictures. I feel bad that someone would steal your photos. But I hope you know that there are some people out there who truly appreciate everything you do, from your tack to your pictures, even if some of us don't say it enough.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer I LOVE how you write posts about interesting horse show events and let us borrow your photos for live show documentation. There are STILL people that tell me they have never seen the two barells game. And then a conversation always starts about how great your blog is (with many many participants chiming in)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Anon and Anne! I do like writing this blog, but there are days when it feels like more work and aggravation than it's worth. Yesterday was one of those days. Today is not. Your kind words are part of that, so THANK YOU (and thanks to everyone who participated in yesterday's post, too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand why you are upset by photos theft, especially theft with no credit. For myself I get a big kick out of seeing my photos on your blog. It's like being famous :) (and I have usually sent them to you...)

    ReplyDelete