Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuscalero

Here's one way to cure the hobby blahs:
This is Tuscalero.  He is a Sarah Rose Caldero resin painted by Kate Schick.
He arrived yesterday and I love, love, LOVE him. 
I am still not very enthusiastic about showing performance at the Blue Skies Live Show this Saturday.  However, I'm no longer thinking about skipping the show altogether.  This guy needs to be seen!
Hmmm...  It just occurred to me that perhaps I would be more excited about showing performance if I had a Native American costume for Tuscalero.  Do you think I could whip one up in three days?

11 comments:

  1. WOW!!! He is gorgeous! What a jaw-dropper!

    Kate does unbelievable work. One of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!

    He'd cure my blahs, if i had them... But i'm getting the new eberl plastic arab mares; preordered them today, so that will be a nice surprise for my show in april, if they show up in time. :)

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you could! :)

    Congrats on a stunning fellow, Rose and Schick are definitely a winning combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're thrilled with him Jennifer! (Love the name too.) If you can't whip up a costume, we can see if mine will fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you mentioned his name, Teresa. My last four or five resins have come with names which is fine, but I do like naming things. Tusca- is for Kate Schick's studio name (Tuscany Studios) and -lero is for the second half of "Caldero". It's pretty clever, if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *finally* named my RMR judges and trophy models last week! Actually, I ended up naming four last week but those two had been around the longest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? We're supposed to name the trophy models? I've just been calling mine "Emma's horse."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, if you want to *show* them, you name the damn things! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are coming to the show on Saturday because I REALLY want to see this fellow up close! Come get me, I don't want to miss it. I'll be judging Breyers. Nancy D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This guy is beautiful! Did you ever tack him up in some Native American tack? I would love to see some pics if you did!

    ReplyDelete