Friday, March 25, 2011

SFTC Other Performance, part two

Without a doubt, the single most difficult class I judged at the Show for the Cure was the Other Performance class.  Talk about comparing apples to oranges.  There were so many really creative and wonderful entries--choosing just four was torture.  It pained me to leave so many good entries unacknowledged.  Take a look at these pictures and you'll see what I mean!
This is Karen Meekma's mule Clayton competing in coon jumping. 
Lady Phase in cross ties--so cute!
Justin Thyme escaping the toy box. 
 Jeni Lambert's Timepiece resin free jumping.  I especially like the little Bloks on top of the barrels.
Manuela Wieczorek's race horse. 
A cute Pebbles scale vaulter. 
In hand trail. 
Polo camp. 
Harness was both the next class and the performance class of the day.  The blue ribbon went to this very correct OF Breyer Pacer.
This is D'arry's entry.
 Isn't the dog cute?  He's holding a Pebbles scale glove in his mouth!
Very nice mini team.
I missed taking pictures of the division champions, but I do remember who they were.  The Reserve went to Karen Meekma's Mephisto resin and his amazing Lu Heater costume.  
The Champion was Karen's mule, Clayton.  He added that to his Western division championship and was a shoo in for the Overall Performance Champion title.
Overall Performance Reserve Champion honors went to D'arry's Thrillseeker. 
Thank you so much to everyone who showed performance at the Show for the Cure.  I really enjoyed seeing so many wonderful entries and congratulations to all the winners!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing.The bullfighting one was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost one hundred percent certain the bullfighting entry got a ribbon. I *think* it got a ribbon and a NAN card, but I might be mistaken. There were just so many different ways that class could have been pinned... It's really hard with an "Other" class because there is no single criteria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a really good performance show to judge, with wonderful entries! From your photos, I'd have had a very hard time choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for posting all these awesome photos! We enjoyed having you out here!

    ReplyDelete