Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy day after Halloween

All day yesterday I kept meaning to write a Happy Halloween post.  Despite those good intentions, I never managed to get it done.  In truth, I wasn't feeling very happy.  The six weeks of unemployment combined with the kids being on fall break and a demands of an active new puppy had left physically and emotionally tired.  Then my son's beloved rat  got sick.  We carried her back and forth to the vet and gave her antibiotics and held her to keep her warm.  It wasn't enough, though.  After three long days, Cinnamon's poor little body gave out.  Ok, I know she was just a rat, but I've got to tell you that the whole thing was extremely depressing. 

So, that was my Halloween.

Today, however, things are looking up.  Darcy slept through the night, the kids went back to school and Seth got a really good job offer.  In a week or two, life might actually get back to normal.

I think I'm going to celebrate by making a couple saddles.

5 comments:

  1. hang in there Jennifer - it will get better. I am so sorry about your son's beloved rat. I had to put my rat, Rosemary, to sleep after she developed a large tumor. It's hard to say good-bye to a pet that is such a part of your family. It was obvious your boys love their rats very much! You guys have been through so much lately. Hugs to all of you and I will pray that things get better soon for you! I love Darcy, too - she is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your rat. I don't know how people take it getting attached to something with such a short lifespan, it would wear me out. Hope brighter days are just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have been better if the rat had died right away. I would have still been sad, of course, but I wouldn't have been nearly as invested as I was after days of constant care.

    Honestly, if it was up to me, I probably wouldn't get any more rats. I get too attached to my pets and I feel like it's been a few too many goodbyes lately. Ryan says he wants another one, though, so eventually we will probably do that.

    I do think things are going to start getting better for my family now. Hopefully, a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad things are going to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hugs*

    See ya tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete