Thursday, November 25, 2010

Finding thankful

Yesterday another blogger whose blog I read regularly posted an entry entitled Thanks--for what? My initial reaction was: My thoughts exactly.  Of course I am thankful for my family and friends and all that, but still...  This has not been the best year of my life, and I've really struggled with feeling the spirit of the holiday.

That was yesterday.
Fortunately, today is better.  

It's cold outside but my house is warm and smells like roasting turkey and pumpkin pie.  The kids are watching the Mythbusters marathon in the living room, my husband is hanging Christmas lights and there are two good dogs are curled up at my feet.  There's even a new resin on my desk.  All these things remind me that life is good, and I am in fact thankful.  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I am at s hotel bar, waiting for the Cowboys game...with hubby's and father in law. Already checked on Flick... Good day here too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I braved the freezing cold winds to work on fences, play with my gelding and dogs, break open tanks. Family went south to family and I am home alone holding the fort down and that is ok.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! May yours and mine both be the beginning of something new and more inspiring.

    ReplyDelete