Friday, August 14, 2026

Milestones

August has been a month of milestones for Sage and I.

her first ride outside the ring,
her first ride outside the ring with me...
and today was her first bareback ride.
I am so pleased with my little roany hony.
Also today, I noticed that my blog had reached a milestone of its own. 
Six thousand posts! That is so many.
I honestly don't know how I've stuck with it, but I'm glad I have, and I am thankful for every single person who has accompanied me on this very long, very wordy journey.
Sage's August milestones have been rewarded with treats.
The blog gets a giveaway. 
my prize, not yours
I haven't decided exactly what the prize package will be, but it will definitely include a full set of Jennifer Show medallions.
Also, a vintage Breyer or two, should the winner want that.
All the usual rules apply. Every comment left left on this blog during the entry period equals one raffle entry. Old post, new post, multiple posts, it just doesn't matter, but if you're posting anonymously, be sure to include your name. I will choose a winner on August 22.

25 comments:

  1. Sage is looking so great! And thank you always for this blog. I look forward to it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hoo!! I definitely be interested in the medallions!! Congratulations on Sage's riding milestones!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sage is so gorgeous! That is quite a lot of milestones for a young mustang but it seems like she's doing beautifully. Congrats to her and to you on the rides and huge congrats on your 6000 posts! That's amazing! And, even if I don't win, thank you for doing this giveaway. Very kind of you and fun!

    Karen from MN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems fast now, but actually, we've been at it for fourteen months! When things come together, they come together quickly.

      Delete
  4. Making the milestones with a young horse are so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy reading your blog so much! I'm so glad you continue to share your adventures with us. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also enjoy your blog! And I loved being able to contribute to it with my article on harness racing. Barb DiAnnibella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sage is awesome! Congrats on the milestones. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I love your posts and seeing Sage’s progress

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your girl looks ~ FANTASTIC ~ and I’m so glad you are reaching important milestones with her! I love seeing you smiling on her back. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like Sage and you have had a major turn around. Congrats on your perseverance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to you and Sage for the many milestones! ❤️ 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great milestones to hit! Sara R.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Sage Accomplishments! And Happy 6000 Posts! I'm so glad you've continued your blog all these years. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good girl, Sage. She is filling out nicely too and looking sleek.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You two make a great team. Love the blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I mean, who doesn’t need more medallions?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on all the milestones reached! I love the halter on the ASHF!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, as ever, from both a large perspective (you have influenced a generation of bloggers, myself included) and small (oh the details of this hobby!). I love seeing Sage's tack up close. A nod to the color of the halter,... of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Sage's kindergarten tack. When we figure out what works best for her long-term, I'll definitely look for something a little prettier. Also, I really strongly dislike this saddle. I'm only using it because it fits her.

      Delete
  19. She has made some amazing progress. Love to see it. And thank you for your blog and sharing so much with us
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations and thanks for the giveaway! I love catching up on your blog and so happy for you and Sage :)
    -Nicole I

    ReplyDelete
  21. 6000 posts is phenomenal! Love reading your blog, but I certainly haven't started at the very beginning. (Glenn Rowling)

    ReplyDelete