Thursday, July 26, 2018

Ugh

Today has been a very frustrating studio day.  
I made some progress on the parade tack.
but mostly, I figured out exactly why this set was sold unfinished.
I'mtempted to put everything back in its box and let it marinate for another couple years. We'll see. 

9 comments:

  1. I like it so far :) You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half the silvering needs to be redone. It doesn't match at all. I wish I had noticed that before because I would have never, ever bought something this asymmetrical. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is a problem. :/
      Good luck though!

      Delete
  3. Could you pry the silver off, cut new leather and reassemble in a new pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops! I'm the unknown commentor! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried picking off the silver and resetting it. It kind of works, but not really. This just needs one side to be redone from scratch, matching someone else's work with different tools and leather. It's stupid. I should have never started this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To clarify, it's not outside my skill set. I can do it, but it would have been easier just to build the whole thing myself. The whole point of buying a half made set was to have half the work done. That's the stupid part.

      ;)

      Delete
  6. They'll be on opposite sides of the horse; no one will ever see them at the same time! It's fine! (Says the non-performance shower.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my husband's argument. I wish I could embrace his logic, but that's just not me. The sides should match. End of story.

      Delete