Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Back to the drawing board

My next big project is a pony huntseat set for Margaret. I don't make many saddles this size, which is evidenced by the age of my patterns.
Although I remember being exceptionally pleased with the 2010 pattern...
five years is a long time in terms of my tackmaking career. An update was in order, so today I went back to the drawing board--literally!
After a lot of trial and error, I think I have new and improved pony saddle pattern.
Fingers crossed! Tomorrow I'll put it to the test. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh good - just in time for my pony set sometime in the next couple of years... :-D ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the rate I'm working, that could happen before the new year.

    Maybe.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmmmmmm that would mean I gotta make your set soon too - slow down woman!!

      Delete
  3. Oooh I'm happy to be your guinea pig. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! It's wonderful to be in the groove, makin' stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete