About six months ago, I gave away some thirty plus model horses. Most of these were original finish Breyers, but there were a few miscellaneous pieces, including some abandoned customizing projects from my body box.
Evelyn Lauer received one of those half finished customs.She writes: I had gotten stymied with the polo pony that I was working on so I put him away, and I've been waiting for this foal to speak to me. Not long ago this little one decided it was time. You can also see the reference I'm using for positioning.
I’ve having so much fun with this little guy/girl; I hacked off the head and neck, moved legs and worked on feet.
Plus the little face was so lopsided I had to cut out and move one eye and work on the nostril and muzzle on one side!!
Just yesterday I added the mane and today I threw on a coat of primer so I could get a feel of where I’m at.
Oh, I know it’s not perfect but you have to remember this is the furthest I’ve ever been with customizing!!!
I was always too scared to cut up anything before but with this one... well, I’m having so much fun! Even with hacking off the head and neck, moving leg joints and the eye, there hasn't been the stark fear of working on a model - it’s been replaced with the excitement of going down to the studio each day!! Sure it’s still all new but I’m really enjoying all that I’m learning.
Thank you for that....
You're welcome, Evelyn, and thank you for sharing your baby's progress. She looks wonderful already, and I just know she's going to be something special when she's finished!