Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday at the Horse Expo

As you may have guessed from the recent lack of posts, this has been a very long, very busy week.  I haven't had much time to myself, but I did find a few hours this morning to attend the Rocky Mountain Horse Expo at the National Western Stock Show Complex in Denver, Colorado.
I spent the first part of my day listening to talks by the well known clinicians, Julie Goodnight...
and Jane Savoie
During a break in the action, I headed over to the barn area. 
This just might be my favorite part of the Horse Expo.  
I really enjoy the variety--so many different breeds,
colors,
grooming styles,
and tack!
As in past years, I had the opportunity to get a good look at some Peruvian Paso tack.  So beautiful...
 and the horse wasn't half bad either!
Midway through my barn tour, I heard someone call my name.  I turned around and there were my friends Trisha and Meghan manning the Arab booth.  Their volunteer shift was just about to end so we chatted a bit, and then the three of us walked over to the trade show.
I was so busy walking and talking, I didn't have time to take a lot of pictures.  However, I did take a few at the Anatomy in Clay booth.
Oh, how I would love to attend one of their workshops! 
My last stop of the day was the Colorado Pinnacle Horse Show which was going on in the Event Center arena.  This was a competition for Shetland ponies, miniature horses and show ponies.  The first class was costume.  The poodle was the winner under one judge...
while the second judge preferred Little Miss Muffett and her spider.  
After that it was on to the Mini hunters. 
I could have watched those all day, but unfortunately my schedule wouldn't allow it.  Still, I was happy for the break, brief as it may have been.  Any day that includes even a little bit of Horse Expo is a good day indeed!

2 comments:

  1. You up for going on Sunday too then or is once enough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday is still up in the air. If I can get everything that needs to be done tomorrow, then I'm in. Otherwise, I'm going to have to bow out. I really do want to go again, though. I just barely saw the trade show today.

    ReplyDelete