Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tacky tack at the Horse Expo

There were also a lot of bad saddles at the Rocky Mountain Horse Expo. Most of these were pretty unmemorable--just your average low end, poorly made, bottom of the market type junk. None of those saddles won my award for the Worst Saddle of the Day.

No, those honors went to a hand carved Western saddle that was neither inexpensive nor poorly made.

At first glance it didn't look so bad.... but then I noticed the tooling.
Oh, oh, oh!
How could anyone have possibly thought this was a good idea?
Other side--just as bad!And just think, for $6,000 this saddle could be yours. Does anyone want the seller's contact info?

10 comments:

  1. Wow - and here at first glance I was thinking hmmm.... looks like a nice, round-skirted saddle that might fit an Arabian. What were they thinking?! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you see the one with the PAW PRINTS carved all over it!?!?! That had my vote. :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the pawprints, but I thought they were kind of cute... Much better than the scantily clad women anyway! Less expensive, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm almost afraid to ask what they had tooled on the seat of the cantle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Note that the seat is RED.

    They could've made it PINK, and open, like a Mclelland, to take the theme ALL THE WAY.

    Did I just type that?

    Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... that's a bit...odd....

    Who would want a saddle with *that* tooled on it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to just GO THERE, Cattypex. Oh, dear. This is a kid friendly place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear. It's sort of, um, kitschy, in a retro way, if you don't take it too seriously, I guess. Oh, who am I trying to kid, that's just appalling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow I don't think we'll be seeing this one re-produced in miniature!

    ReplyDelete