Monday, August 31, 2026

Loitering with intent

In addition to riding my horse, one of the things I want to do during this period of unemployment is sell some model horses. To that end, Alexey and I drove up to Northglenn yesterday to attend Fabian's trunk swap meet.

These informal events have been a semi-regular part of our local hobby scene.
The format is simple. We meet at a big, empty parking lot, open our trunks and display our wares.
Pickups are perfect for this.
Cute truck dog picture for tax.
My trunk was filled with horse food and unnecessary, bargain basement, real horse tack purchases - don't judge me! - so Alexey and I stacked our horses on the car itself.
The overflow was stacked on the totes on the ground. It's all good!
Even though I was definitely not shopping, I spent some time checking out everyone's sales pieces.
This cat has seen things.
If I was going to buy something, that Anne Field doll would have been it!
The weather was nice, and I would have been happy to stand in that parking lot and talk to my friends all night.
Unfortunately, the parking lot police took notice of our little meet up.
Perhaps they heard we were selling boxes of bodies?
In any event, we were told to disperse.
Unlawful loiterers.
Since we weren't quite ready to go home, a few of us ended up at a nearby restaurant for a post-event meal. 
Alexey, Jennifer, Karin and Regan
I didn't sell a single thing, but this was still a really fun day. I can't wait to loiter with my friends again!

2 comments:

  1. I was eyeballing that doll, too :) - Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your attitude is awesome, a model in itself. As for the doll, didn't I just say I needed a companion to my Anne Field Western Perf rider,...

    ReplyDelete