Friday, October 6, 2017

Pictures from today's ride

I haven't been riding a lot lately. This is mostly because I've been working so much, but also, a lot of my regular rides, including Sprite, have left Kenlyn. 
Fortunately, I still have Santana, and that is no small thing.
Today Santana and I joined Mary Jo and Scarlett on a quintessentially Colorado ride.
We experienced multiple weather conditions, including wind, 
rain... 
 and brilliant sunshine.
We also crossed paths with several different types of wildlife...
and reveled in the glory of the red tree.
This tree turns red bright red for a few days every fall. Then, almost immediately, it loses all its leaves.
Today was Red Tree Day.
We made the most of it.  
This was such a fun ride. I think I'm over being sad about the horses who have gone. It's time to concentrate on the horses I still have. Fall is my favorite time of year, and I am looking forward to spending a lot more time in the saddle.

1 comment:

  1. Would it be too personal to ask why sprite moved? ☺

    ReplyDelete