Monday, August 20, 2012

Today

This morning I woke up and immediately checked on Darcy.  I was pleased to discover that she shows definite signs of improvement.  She's still limping, but she's no longer limping and crying.  For today, that's good enough.
 I drove both kids to school...
 and headed out to Watkins for a short pony ride.
Trillium is so darn cute! 
After my ride, I returned home and checked Darcy again.  She was resting comfortably... 
so I retired to my studio where I began work on Teresa's bridle.  
At 3:15, I picked up the kids and treated them to a first day of school Blizzard. 
Home again to finish the bridle... 
 and start dinner.
What a great day!  Can't wait to do it all again tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. So glad Darcy is better! I was waiting to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Darcy! Poor little girl. My dog would go crazy after one day's rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm pretty new to model horses and showing! Why aren't models sculpted with their mouths slightly open to accommodate a bit, eliminating the need for sticky wax? Is it because real horses are discouraged from opening their mouths with the bit in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Darcy seems to be on the mend, though I'm still wondering what the heck she did to herself. Did the vet have any clue?

    Also, I LOVE that Lorenzo! What a handsome guy.

    ReplyDelete