The last time I wrote a post about riding Sage was on my birthday... So, more than seven months ago.
Not too long after that, we had a big regression.
Last month, I decided we werefinallty ready to start riding again. We don't have a round pen at my barn, so I used the turnout. It's not ideal - there are horses on the other side of the fences - but it was good enough to solidify brakes and steering.We did five rides in there. Then I spent a week with James, Guppy and Mercury.I didn't write about it, because honestly, I didn't want advice. Sage and I have a really solid support team made up of experienced people who know our strengths and weaknesses and understand our goals. These are the people I turn to for guidance.
And besides, I guarantee all the suggestions I'd get here are things we were already doing. Tack fit? Check! Uclers? Check! Teeth? Check! Sand? Check! Body work? Check! Animal communicator? Check! Patience and willingness to start over? Check, check, check!
I came home tired and ragged. I didn't even think about riding Sage until last Tuesday. The turnout wasn't available so I got on in the ring.
Today, we joined forces with Heather and Jet to ride laps around the arena.









Good girl, Sage!
ReplyDeleteThis looks really good!
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of breed is Jet? He reminds me of a Morgan!
Jet is, in fact, a Morgan :D
DeleteThat's great, Sage & Jennifer (Glenn)
ReplyDeleteBig congrats to you and Sage!
ReplyDeleteStarting a horse and dealing with all life is tossing out to you has no set time line. Just enjoying seeing the Sage posts as you work with her.
ReplyDeleteYou and Sage look good together!
ReplyDelete