Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Breyerfest horses

I'm not talking model horses--today's post is all about the real, live, breathing horses that were on display at the Kentucky Horse Park earlier this month.  Many thanks to Tracy Eilers for allowing me to share her words and photos!

The Horses of Breyerfest

by Tracy Eilers

First up is the 2013 Breyerfest celebration horse, Smart and Shiney.  Dappling, mane, and partial-blue eye. Swooon!
 Double swoon!
And two more of some girls loving on him. 
Tim McQuay was very gracious to let them do this in the warm-up area.
I wish I had gotten better pics of Tennessee Titan! He was my favorite guest this year!  He was a great sport when these girls drug him out of his stall by the halter and into the pen so they could pet him.
 Lady C in repose.
Brookside Pink Magnum in his (rather poor) disguise! We know who's under that flymask, buster!
 Magnum smiling for the camera, after being busted in his disguise.
A bit more dignified looking, but I just can't get over how cute he is in the mask! LOL!
Magnum, much more dignified without the flymask!
Onto the non-guest horses!  You just can't go to BF without taking a pic of the giant jumping balloon!
This guy was hanging with Lil Ricky Rocker.  I think his name is High Ohio Lena (based on his halter monogram). Wow, he was so handsome! 
Here he's meeting a little fan.
 His cool pattern and neck spot(s)!
 A really nice lady smiling on her Friesian (who wouldn't be smiling riding that horse?!).
 The KHP Trolley!
The Masked Phantom or "Caspar", a champion TWH. What a cool color! His owner was SO nice and stopped to let us take pics on her way back to the barn. She even took off his fly bonnet to show us his cool ears and forehead spot! 
Showing us his forehead spot (the painter inside of me leaps for joy!)
Looking cool with his hairdo and ribbon!
Later I saw him hanging in his stall. He looks so different on each side, eh?
And the dark side! 
If anyone knows who the owner is, I would be happy to email her the pictures.  I never took many photos of my own horses when I owned them, and  I always loved it when people sent me pics (even novice-quality ones like these).  I'd like to pay it forward for others.
And finally, the out-takes!  I was busted while taking a quick pic of Mary Miller-Jordan...
And again by Russell Dilday and Topsails Rien Maker.  I must be the un-sneakiest photographer ever! 
 LOL!!! World's Worst Ninjaphotographer strikes again! I like the mane ponytails.
LOL, Tracy!  That happens to me all the time, too.  Thanks again for sharing these lovely photos!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Smart N' Shiny has a LONG mane!! Have you ever seen a QH with hair that long?? I sure wish I could have gone to Breyer fest. Don't tell anybody, but I would be more excited for the real horses than the Breyer horses. I mean, we are meeting real stars here!! I wonder if Rev will ever become famous and go to Breyer fest. Imagine all of the fun he would have!! The kids would love him!

    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this hurts so bad! I'm so bummed that I wasn't able to go :( Smart and Shiny is simply breathtaking. They all are. Pink Magnum is just so cute!!! Ok, enough rambling. Thanks for the photos, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yah, it is a draw between Tenn. Titan and that TWH! Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the horses! My boyfriend commented that in the first 2 pictures, it looks like Smart N Shiny has an awesome beard and not a long mane, lol. I don't know if a horse person would have seen that right away, I definitely didn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids make comments like that, too. It's funny how non-horsey minds work!

      :D

      Delete
  5. So many pretty horsies! Gah! I must go to BF again someday.

    I see why SCO was picked for Smart N Shiny now. He's a much nicer color than Chex, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your picture of High Ohio Lena with someone wanting to pet him! Cooper, his nickname, loves people especially kids!

    ReplyDelete