Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Almost wordless Wednesday

Like so many others, I discovered the model horse hobby through Just About Horses magazine.  To my younger self, each issue was a feast of words and pictures to be pored over again and again.  Right from the start, I was drawn to the tack and performance side of the hobby, so it's not surprising that I especially enjoyed articles on those topics.  Here are some of my 1980's era favorites.   As usual, all images can be enlarged by clicking on them.  Enjoy!
Vol. IX, Number Three
Vol X, No. Two
Vol. X, No. Two
Vol. X, Number Four
Vol. XI, Number Two
Vol. XIII, Number One
Vol. XIII, Number One
Vol. XII, Number One
Vol. XIII, Number Two
Vol. XIII, Number Three
Vol. XIII, Number Three
Vol. XIII, Number Three
Vol. XIV, Number One
Vol. XIV, Number One

5 comments:

  1. Wow - so much good info - even though it's "old"...I hope you aren't dating yourself here Jenifer... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those bottom articles - the arabs on down - I poured over them and hung on to them forever. Good to see they struck a chord with someone else, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually owned an old Bev Zimmer App that was pictured in one of these old issues, brings back memories! I brought him home from the show I received him from her and he promptly fell off of a shelf and broke his neck off-I remember how sad I was!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have all of those issues and still look at them once in a while - those were my favorite days of JAH. Before the internet,and before I was able to get to live shows, JAH was all I had for a hobby fix - I imagine it was the same for a lot of us. I would spend hours as a child reading each issue over and over...I miss those days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, thank you so much for posting these! I never got round to subscribing to JAH (and won't get the chance now!) so this is really nice to see. :D
    There's something about the vintage performance photos that really gets the creative juices flowing, I don't know why!

    ReplyDelete