Saturday, August 8, 2009

Doggie Swim

I try not to clutter up this blog with a hundred and one pictures of my pets, but somedays I just can't resist...

Doggie Swim at Del Mar Park is one of my favorite end of summer rituals. Today was the last day of the season for the outdoor pool and the only way to gain admission was to bring your dog! Never one to do things halfway, I brought both my girls, plus my kids, my best friend, and my best friend's family, both human and canine. This is fifteen and a half year old Abbie pondering the depths of the lap pool.
Rasko (my friends' dog)and Maggie (my other dog) are far less intellectual. They don't stop and ponder anything. They are just happy to be out and about.
Here they are enjoying the big, grassy picnic area
and wading in the kiddie pool.
My son, Ryan, and Maggie in the kiddie pool.
Of course, the really cool dogs and their owners were hanging out in the big pool.
We tried to get out crew to follow suit. First Rasko said no.
Then Maggie said no.
Thankfully we had Abbie!
She may be old, but there isn't much she can't or won't do.
This may not be her favorite thing but at least she's doing it!
One good shake after her big swim. What a good girl!
I love both my dogs, but Abbie really is the best dog ever. Here's hoping she'll still be around for Doggie Swim 2010.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Ryan and his dog - Abbie's a good old sport also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time. Thanks for reminding us to check the date. Next year we will be more prepared!

    ReplyDelete