In case you haven't noticed, I've been very goal oriented this year. In the last month and a half I've made serious progress on my backlog, completing seven tack orders. I've lined up a painter for two of my unfinished resins, started work on my entries for Springamathing and even lost eight pounds. Go me!
Yesterday, I added yet another accomplishment to my 2014 list--I painted one of my own resins. Here he is:Stanley is a traditional scale Maltese resin sculpted by Marilyn Jensen.
Stanley did not come with a base. Although he looks okay with his feet on the ground...
I thought he'd look better bounding through the air. I drilled a hole in his belly and made him a simple stand with an acrylic rod and a bit of epoxy. I thought this was pretty clever until I Googled the resin and discovered that he was always supposed to go on a base. Oh well, great minds think alike and all that!
I realize that he's not a horse, not big, and not a complicated color. Still, I'm pleased with my efforts. It really does feel good to accomplish things, no matter how big or small.Plus, he's just so darn cute. I suspect he'll be photo-bombing my studio pictures for years to come!