Monday, November 2, 2009

Finished!

I finished the pink seated gaming saddle! I can't believe it. This one has been in progress so long that I'd mostly given up on it. I think I am going to start photographing all my old unfinished projects and posting them on my blog. Maybe that will inspire me to finish a few more things.This is the first full blown Western saddle that I've made in years, and although it's not perfect I am pretty pleased with the way it came out. I tried a lot of new things. Most of them worked. I'm particularly proud of that horn. Too bad it's attached to those kind of awkward swells...
Best of all, this saddle actually fits the very-hard-to-fit junior rider doll.
Of course, "finished" is a relative term. The saddle is done, but it still needs a pad and a breastcollar and a bridle and...

No comments:

Post a Comment