My NaMoPaiMo pony was nearly prepped so I took her outside and I sprayed her with a light coat of primer.
I let her cure, then took her back inside for inspection. As per usual, the primer exposed a few missed areas. I started sanding, and something terrible happened.Almost her entire surface area collapsed into a giant honeycomb of pinholes.
I made an attempt to fill them with Bondo. That helped but not enough, so I consulted the experts.
They were unanimous. My NaMoPaiMo pony needed to grow a winter coat.
I broke out the Gesso and Molding paste, and here's my pony a few hours later.
She's not done and she's not perfect, but I am pleased with my efforts. Beyond that, I am glad this happened to my NaMoPaiMo model. My first instinct when I saw those pinholes, was to banish her to the deepest, darkest corner of the unpainted resin shelf. Instead I powered through the problems. This is why there are no go backsies in NaMoPaiMo. I made a commitment and I am going to see it through to the end.
P.S. Tot's new name is Bubbles. Sometimes they really do name themselves,